Vitamin B12 is the big issue in vegan nutrition. It’s not that it’s difficult to get enough; in fact, it’s quite easy. There are only two reliable sources of vitamin B12 for vegans: foods fortified with this nutrient (which includes nutritional yeast grown on a B12-rich medium) and supplements.
- Vitamin B12
This is a comprehensive overview of Vitamin B12 in vegan diets with all pertinent research.
Related VegResources Guides
- How do I find nutrition information?
- How do I know if I need a supplement?
- How do I get enough protein?
- How do I get enough calcium?
- How do I get enough iron?
- How do I get enough Vitamin D?
Guide Updated January 10, 2021