- What to Do When Friends and Family Don’t Agree With Your Plant-Based Diet
Here are 10 success strategies for dealing with plant-based peer pressure.
- Talking to Friends and Family
When first becoming vegan, it can be difficult to know how your friends and family might respond. And it can be tricky to know exactly what to say.
- Social Disapproval as a Vegan with Dr. Doug Lisle (7 minute video)
A common problem people face when they first go vegan is the social disapproval they get from their family and friends. Most people’s instincts is to dispute back and to justify their stance but there are some psychological approaches one can take to not only avoid an argument but to even help those who are genuinely interested.
Talking to Parents
- 5 Tips for Talking With Your Parents About Your Vegan Diet
You’ve made the powerful decision to go veg, but your folks are giving you a hard time. Here are some tips to achieve family harmony while going veg.
- Tips for vegans with non-vegan parents
One of the challenges we face when transitioning to living as a vegan is navigating the relationships with those we hold close. Here are some of thoughts and suggestions on how someone navigated these issues with his own family when he became a vegan at the age of 16.
- How to Talk to Your Parents About Going Vegan
Everything you need to know about talking to your parents about veganism.
Talking to Partners
- When Your Partner Isn’t on Board with a Plant-Based Diet
So you’ve decided to embrace a plant-based lifestyle, but your partner isn’t on board? Lean Green Dad Cory Warren shares his do’s and don’ts.
- 11 Tips On How To Survive With A Non-Vegan Partner
Living with a non-vegan partner won’t be easy at first. You both will have to put in some work into your relationship. You can try some or all of the tips outlined here to see what works for your relationship to make living together a joyful experience.
- Beyond Beliefs
Vegans, vegetarians, and meat eaters can feel like they’re living in different worlds. The good news is that relationship and communication breakdown among vegans, vegetarians, and meat eaters is not inevitable, and it is reversible. With the right tools, healthy connections can be cultivated, repaired, and even strengthened. Find the book on Amazon.
Related VegResources Guides
- How do I navigate dinner parties, potlucks, and family gatherings?
- How do I become a vegan activist?
- How do I meet other vegans?
- How do I find a vegan partner?
Guide Updated May 30, 2022