Protein is often a big worry for people contemplating a vegan diet. It’s important after all. We need it for muscles, bones, hormones, digestive enzymes, absorption of nutrients and to rebuild and replenish all kinds of cells. So knowing a little about sources of protein and recommendations for vegans can be helpful and reassuring.
- Vegan Protein Sources: How to Meet Your Requirements
Despite all the confusion that surrounds what should be a simple topic, there are plenty of rich sources of vegan protein. In this article, we’ll look at how easy it is to satisfy your needs for protein on a vegan diet.
- Plant Protein: A Vegan Nutrition Primer
Protein is often a big worry for people contemplating a vegan diet. So knowing a little about sources of protein and recommendations for vegans can be helpful and reassuring.
Sources of Protein
- The 16 Best Sources of Vegan Protein
Feeling hungry? Here’s a list of 16 vegan protein sources to add to your breakfast, lunch, and dinners during the week.
- Protein and Amino Acids
This is a comprehensive overview of protein in vegan diets with all pertinent research.
- Protein and the Vegan Athlete: All You Really Need to Know
How much protein do vegan athletes need? Find out how much, the best sources, and specific amino acid concerns for plant-based athletes.
Related VegResources Guides
- How do I get enough protein without beans?
- How do I find nutrition information?
- How do I know if I need a supplement?
- How do I get enough calcium?
- How do I get enough iron?
- How do I get enough Vitamin B12?
- How do I get enough Vitamin D?
- How do I become a vegan athlete?
Guide Updated November 6, 2022