So you want to go vegan but you don’t know where to start.
Explore our guides or start with some of the ones below.
Tips to Get Started
- Beginner’s Guide to Veganism
Here are a list of 12 recommendations for anyone venturing into the world of veganism.
- Transitioning to a Vegan Lifestyle
Transitioning to a vegan lifestyle can seem really daunting but often the idea of a big lifestyle change is a lot scarier than actually doing it. Here are some ideas and guidelines to structure your transition to veganism, just be sure to tailor them to your specific needs.
- Where Do I Start?
A quick little guide to help get you started on your journey as a new vegan. These essential tips will help you align your ethics and your actions to stay vegan for good.
- The Vegan Starter Kit
In The Vegan Starter Kit Dr. Neal Barnard answers your questions and gives you everything you need to put vegan power to work. You’ll learn how to ensure complete nutrition, and get quick-reference charts for calcium sources, tips for modifying your favorite recipes, and examples of quick and easy meals. The Vegan Starter Kit also includes information on healthy eating in childhood, pregnancy, and other stages of life, and a complete set of basic meals, holiday feasts, snacks, among many other features. Find the book on Amazon.
- The Plant-Based Journey: A Step-by-Step Guide for Transitioning to a Healthy Lifestyle and Achieving Your Ideal Weight
If you’ve ever wanted to make the plant-based switch but felt overwhelmed about where to start, we have good news: you don’t have to do it alone. The Plant-Based Journey provides the support you need every step of the way to make your transition into eating plant-based a fun and (ful)filling experience! Find the book on Amazon.
- Becoming Vegan, Express Edition: The Everyday Guide to Plant-based Nutrition
The completely revised edition of a seminal classic offers fresh insights on the treatment of animals in food production and other industries, the latest findings on the health benefits of a vegan diet, expanded information on phytochemicals, and a thoroughly updated food guide. This streamlined “express” version is extensive in scope, yet manageable for anyone who wants to easily understand how to construct a nutritionally balanced plant-based diet. Find the book on Amazon.
Related VegResources Guides
- Why should I go vegan?
- How do I talk to family and friends about my going vegan?
- How do I navigate dinner parties, potlucks, and family gatherings?
- How do I replace non-vegan cheese?
- How do I find a vegan starter guide?
- How do I find a vegan pledge program?
- How do I find a vegan mentor?
- How do I find a vegan podcast?
- How do I find nutrition information?
Guide Updated May 7, 2021